Here are just a few examples of our many & varied installations.All images & video clips show cars fitted with the Geartronics paddleshift system.
Scroll down to the preview pane and hover over the thumbnails to view images, then
click the thumbnail to see the full-sized image. Videos are at the bottom of the page.
The system with a proven track record at the highest level.
- Ken Block's 650bhp 'gymkhana 3' Fiesta. Perhaps not one of our most serious applications, but it's an entertaining demonstration of what our system is capable of.
Scroll down for the video.
- A fleet of F1 cars at Johan Rajamaki's Race school in Sweden. The sophisticated safety features and engine/gearbox protection strategies of our paddleshift system are esential when inexperienced drivers are behind the wheel.
- All geartronics supplied paddle harnesses are constructed using Raychem Spec55 wire & DR25 sleeving with moulded & glued joints. We do not use PVC wire, braided sleeving or bullet/spade connectors in the construction of our paddleshift looms.
- Bruce Edwards on his way to an overall victory using Geartronics paddleshift on his Honda powered Darrian. Photograph courtesy of AML Photography.
- The Aquila CR1 sportscar fitted with a Hewland NLT gearbox and GM LS7 engine using DBW throttle. Having recently completed the Britcar 24hr race, the car proved to be easily the fastest on track until a broken driveshaft and burst water hose dropped it to 9th place at the end of the race.
- The Ariel Atom V8 features a Hartley Hayabusa based V8 & Sadev ST90 gearbox. This car recently set the 'Top Gear' fastest lap in the hands of "The Stig".
- Keith Cowie's fearsome 1200+bhp Nissan Skyline drag car featuring Geartronics automatic shift system on an OSgiken gearbox. The car has completed the 1/4 mile in an ET of 8.4s at a terminal speed of 169mph
- The Durango Lola B02/50 formula 3000 car fitted with Geartronics paddleshift. The driver is Omar Leal, winner of the 2008 Italian F3000 championship
- Geartronics director Neil Wallace and the futuristic Citroen GT concept car. An example of Geartronics being brought in after a rival solenoid system failed to work.
- A P1-2-3 for the Geartronics paddleshift at Mugello
- The Gould GR55 hillclimb car of Rob Turnbull undergoing paddleshift wiring loom installation after fitment of the Geartronics paddleshift hardware. The car had previously been fitted with a rival solenoid system that failed to work effectively.
- The famous Zytek KVF3000 450bhp engine as fitted to the Formula3000 B02/50 Lola's
- Geartronics design & assemble all GCU's in-house. This is a hand-assembled prototype of our latest 'professional' version GCU. Complete with Deutsch Autosport connector, the unit features a 100MHz RISC processor, 2xCANbus, USB & Serial interfaces, plus extended logging memory.
- Fabio Onidi on his way to another F3000 win in the GP Racing prepared Lola 02/50. The sister car to this one is now racing in the European Hillclimb Championship in the hands of Joel Roussel. Both cars are fitted with the Geartronics semi-auto paddleshift system.
- Wallace Menzie's DJ Firestorm hillclimb car. This car uses a Cosworth XD engine revving to almost 15000rpm! The Lola LT1 gearbox is of course operated by the Geartronics paddleshift system
- The pretty Chevron GR8 of Andy Yool. The car is now owned by Tracktorque racing and has been fitted with a Nissan V6 engine and 6-speed JFR gearbox, still operated by out shift system.
- Paul Andronic of Romania in his Mitsubishi EVO. This car uses the Maktrak 4WD transmission system.
- Simon Marsh's Hayabusa powered ADR3 sports prototype on its way to a class win at Prescott Hillclimb.
- A sample data log from an RFR1000 car using the Geartronics paddleshift system. Note the seamless RPM transitions (red) between each gear and the perfect gear engagement (blue). Downshift throttle blips can be clearly seen in green. All inputs were sampled at 200Hz.
- The bespoke actuator mounted on the Lola LT1A gearbox in an F3000 car
- The OMS hillclimb car of Trevor Willis. This unique car uses a combination of a Powertec V8 Hayabusa based engine and a Hewland JFR gearbox. Needless to say, the box is operated by the Geartronics shift system.
- The Pescarolo '02' chassis used for the ASC 'driving school' uses Geartronics paddleshift to operate the Sadev SL90 gearbox.
- The Tyrrell/JUDD V10 of Phil Stratford. The car had previously been fitted with a solenoid system that failed to work to the satisfaction of the driver. It has now been replaced by our closed-loop pneumatic system.
- Serious racing cars require serious gear shift solutions. This is a picture of the Lola LT1a gearbox, as fitted to the 02/50 Formula3000 cars.
- A tightly packaged actuator installation on a Maktrak gearbox in Jonny Milner's Celica GT4.
- Paddleshift installation on a Hewland FTR transaxle fitted to a Jade3
- A Hewland gear and dog ring. At first glance, it looks a simple enough task to design a shift system to engage these two components. However, fully understanding the extremely complex interaction between the two is key to developing a gear shift system that works consistently and reliably 100% of the time.
- The Pilbeam hillclimb car of Oliver & Sandra Tomlin. This car uses a Judd V8 engine and a Ricardo 500Nm gearbox (same as World Series cars). We had to write some specific software for this box due to the unusual gear order.
- The fearsome Porsche racer of Richard Chamberlain. Control of the Holinger transaxle is taken care of by the Geartronics paddleshift system.
- A typical paddle installation on a sports prototype steering wheel. We can supply various carbon-fibre brackets and flippers to suit any type of steering wheel.
- Some of the Geartronics paddleshift components including the all-important intelligent gearbox control unit (GCU). The GCU is designed in-house by Geartronics and runs what we believe to be one of the most sophisticated control strategies found on any aftermarket shift system.
- The Lotus WR12 of Vladimir Vitver is now fitted with the Geartronics system after a rival solenoid system failed to work to the satisfaction of the driver.
- An actuator installation on a Sadev ST90 front wheel drive gearbox fitted to a rallycar. Unlike many other systems, our GCU has the advanced software capability necessary to reliably select neutral on the Sadev range of gearboxes.
- James Hoseason setting a fastest stage time on his way to 3rd overall on the Manx Trophy Rally. The car is a Darrian GTR which uses a Millington engine & Hewland NMT gearbox operated by Geartronics paddleshift.
- The Lotus Exige of Fox Motorsport. The car has a Honda K20 engine with Sadev ST75 gearbox.
- Chiron CN class sports racer fitted with the Honda K20 engine and Sadev ST75 transaxle. Geartronics were the first to perfect a reliable shift system for this gearbox, while others were still breaking them!
- Nick Algar in his Gould GR55 sprint car on his record breaking lap at Mallory park - on his way to the 2010 British sprint championship.
- Peter Kukainis and "Custard", leading the way to a class win in the 2009 speed championship using the Geartronics paddleshift system on his Quaife 60G gearbox.
- The spectacular Puch of Austria’s Georg Pacher. Despite it’s similarity to the Fiat500 this car uses a full space-frame chassis and is powered by a Powertec V8 engine producing more than 400bhp! Keep going strong Georg!!
- Another one of Georg Pacher's creations, this time the Abarth 500.
- Under the skin of the Abarth 500. This amazing car fearures a 400bhp Powertec V8 engine and Hewland FTR gearbox. Such a serious piece of racecar engineering requires a serious shifter!
- Actuator installation on a Pankl F3 gearbox.
- Actuator installation on a Sadev ST75. The Geartronics compact pneumatic actuator will easily fit without the need to re-design wishbone or wing mountings etc. Remember, we've been operating the ST75 for years!
- A neat installation on a Ricardo 500Nm gearbox. Notice the neat packaging due to the very compact nature of our pneumatic actuator.
- The throttle blipper installation on a Porsche 996 RSR. We only ever use compact and high-powered pneumatic actuators.
- The Saker of Hans Le Sage from the Netherlands.
- Formula1 test driver, James Rossiter, in the Hayabusa powered Reynard Inverter. When James tested the car at Silverstone, he commented that the Geartronics paddleshift system was "perfect". A satisfying endorsement from a driver more used to the seamless shift technology of F1.
- Hillclimb Ferrari 355 of Rene Ruch from Switzerland
- A Darrian GTR using a Millington Diamond engine and Hewland JFR gearbox.
- Geartronics director Neil Wallace working on the configuration of a Lola B02/50 F3000 car.
- European hillclimb expert Marcel Steiner in his Osella/Zytek FA30.
- Nicholas Belling, our US distributor, competing in his SCCA 'FB' class RFR1000.
- Renault Clio paddle installation.
- A neat and compact installation on a Renault Clio with Renault Sport Sadev ST75 gearbox.
- Not quite what it seems - this is actually a Lola 96/50 F3000 of Slovenian Marjan Smrdelj.
- The Rapier SR2 of Mike Millard & Ian Heward on its way to a a Britcar race win at Spa.
- Twice British rally champion Jonny Milner on his way to setting fastest time of the day at the Goodwood festival of speed.
- Setting up the paddleshift on a Rajamaki Racing 2004 BAR F1. This is the 5th F1 car from the same team to be fitted with our paddleshift system.
- The 'works' Ginetta G55 GT3 spec car. We used a Pectel SQ6 based GCU and our pneumatic hardware for this installation. The first time out with the paddleshift system resulted in a victory in the second round of the 2012 Britcar series.
- Another Geartronics equipped F1 car. This time an Arrows A23 from 2002. Would you trust your expensive machinery to any other shift system?
- Another Geartronics equipped Jordan F1 car owned by Rajamaki Racing in Sweden.
- Lanan Racing Ligier JS51 CN class sportscar.
- New for 2012, these valve assemblies offer increased airflow, faster response and high-temperature reliability in the harshest of environments.
- Geartronics paddleshift harnesses are always bespoke, and are made either from customer sketches, or our own drawings such as this one.
- The turbocharged Hayabusa powered Mini from Z-Cars.
- We're not allowed to claim that we're the best - so we'll just leave our customers to do the talking!
- The Metro 6R4 gpB supercar of Tom Morris. We understand this to be the first time a 6R4 has run with a paddleshift system, and it won the first time out!
- The Britcar 24-hour race winning BMW V8 GTR of Mark Poole & Richard Abra. This car is using a Tractive RD90 gearbox and a MoTeC/Geartronics electronics package.
- Chris Hedlam's Lotus Exige with a supercharged Honda K20 engine and Sadev ST82 gearbox.
- Paul Bird's immaculate Escort MKII. Tractive RD906 gearbox, 2.3l Vauxhall 'red-top' engine and Omex 600 management.
- In-line throttle blipper mounted on a Ford Duratec engine.
- David Donner on his way to 3rd overall and the 'unlimited class' win on the 2012 Pikes Peak.
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO's, all fitted with our paddleshift system.
- This is our professional series GCU with dual CANbus interfaces for communication with the latest generation of motorsport electronic devices.
- A size comparison of our compact pneumatic actuator against a typical electric solenoid. Need we say more?
- Geartronics Director Neil Wallace with Patrick Lane-Knott setting up the Honda BAR F1 car for Rajamaki Racing in Sweden.
- An example of Geartronics design capabilities - this is a bespoke actuator design for the Quaife/Radical gearbox as fitted to the Radical RXC.
- The Caterham Graduate car of John Ogilvie. John lost the use of his right arm after a bike accident, hence the single paddle installation.
- This is the actuator installation for the Drenth 5-speed Mitsubishi EVO gearbox.
- A demonstration setup on a Quaife 60G gearbox as shown at the 2013 Autosports exhibition.
- Another demonstration from the 2013 Autosports exhibition - this time a Sadev SL75 transaxle controlled by our professional CANbus based GCU connected to a MoTeC M800 ECU and CDL dashboard.
- Actuator installation on a 2-litre Formula Renault. The small size of our pneumatic actuator allows easy packaging compared with large electric solenoids.
- Another compact installation, this time on a Lola B99/50 F3000 car. Notice the pneumatic actuator at the bottom of the photo - it would clearly be impossible to mount an electric solenoid in this position!
- Paddle installation on a 'GT' car steering wheel. All our paddles use carbon fibre flippers and mounting brackets as well as Raychem cables.
Dyno testing a G55 GT4 on the Ginetta factory dyno.
A Jordan F1 (JUDD) with James French at Road America.
A workshop shift check on Geoff Tremblett's Darrian GTR with 2-litre Millington engine and Hewland JFR gearbox
A Saker undergoing dyno testing of the Sadev/Geartronics paddleshift installation
David Donner in the DP Cars D4 on his way to 3rd overall and winner of the unlimited class of the 2012 Pikes Peak
Otakar Krámský of the Czech Republic - F3000 hillclimb car. Installation by LSC Motorsport.
Gary Adam testing his MkII Escort with DJM gearbox and our paddleshift system.
On-board with Otakar Krámský.
Marcel Steiner in action in his Osella FA30 on the 2012 Sternberk hillclimb
Ken Block in his 650bhp Gymkhana Fiesta using our paddleshift system on the 6-speed Maktrak gearbox.
A turbocharged Hayabusa engine hits the dyno for some paddleshift calibration.
Camillus Bradley MK2 Escort
Millington engine & Quaife 60G with paddleshift.
Paul Andronic Mitsubishi Lancer EVO
Georg Pacher Abarth 500
Powertec V8 & Hewland FTR
A Lola B02/50 Formula 3000 car during free practice at Valencia using the Geartronics paddleshift
A garage shift check on a Formula 3000 car.
Close up views of the shift actuator & throttle blipper operation
Andy Dunbar's Westfield at Gurston Down hillclimb.
The gearbox is a Quaife 60G.
Mark Straker in his Millington powered Darrian with Hewland TMT transaxle and Geartronics paddleshift.
John Indri in his Millington powered Darrian with Hewland NMT transaxle and Geartronics paddleshift.
Rod Wilson in the Trofeo Maserati GT3
lapping Phillip Island in Australia
Martin Groves at Doune hillclimb
THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPEEDED UP!
BMW V10 powered off-road racer of Guy Smith.
Sadev SC90-20 4WD gearbox.
Paul Andronic - Mitsubishi EVO
A 1:57 lap of Snetterton in a Porsche 996 GT3 RSR with the late Sean Edwards
Reynard Inverter (Honda Fireblade powered) at Silverstone.
James Hoseason in-car. Manx rally 2009.
Darrian T90-GTR, Millington S2, Hewland NMT.
Brandon Dixon qualifying at Road America.
Citation F1000 car with Geartronics paddleshift
Marcel Steiner in his Osella/Zytek FA30
Lotus Elise, Honda K20 engine & Sadev ST75 gearbox
at Eastern Creek in Australia.